Monday, November 3, 2008

A new way to spend all day on YouTube

This is one I'm probably going to avoid. But if you have the home edition of our game, I recommend trying it out.

YouTube Warp is a way to browse videos through a full screen player, eliminating all the stuff on the screen that isn't the video. Jump from video-to video-all day in a 2D cloud of relationships.

I feel conspicuous enough with YouTube on my screen, so filling my entire screen long enough to get any joy out of the new Warp player is probably too much for me. It looks cool though.

Here's a tip: Find a link to a video you would normally have watched, and in the URL you get by clicking the link, replace the word "watch" with the word "warp.swf". This way you can use whatever you want for your start point rather than one of the few they offer on the warp page.

No comments: