Tuesday, January 27, 2009


If you needed just one more reason to stop eating high-fructose corn syrup (and believe me- there were LOTS of reasons already!), I've got one more for ya: MERCURY.

Turns out that there are several food products out there that are still using mercury-tainted high-fructose corn syrup as a sweetener (mercury is used in the process of making it), and mercury is toxic at ALL levels. These are brand-name products, many of which are marketed to kids.

Go read the report for yourself; they also include a list of the products in which the mercury was detected.