Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Planning

This year, for the first time ever, I am taking on the task of Thanksgiving. I will be cooking for a group of up to 15 people (so far) from age 2 to 80-something. That includes my grandmother, who, thankfully, is not the kind of grandmother who would put Martha Stewart to shame, but instead the kind of gramma who thinks that a bag of frozen mixed veggies makes a good pizza topping.

(I'll let that sink in for a sec.)
(That said, I could not love my Grammy more.)

ANYWAY... I am starting work on the monumental chore that is menu planning for a diverse and sentimental group (must have two kinds of rolls, must have two kinds of cranberry sauce, must have two kinds of stuffing and AT LEAST three kinds of pie, one of which has ingredients that are completely out of season).

So far, I have this. Yup. Rolls are covered.