Thursday, November 20, 2008

The New and the Old



Rob Thomas, who many of you may know as the creator of the splendiferious Veronica Mars, is once again working with ABC to bring back Cupid, which he created and produced 10 years ago. Up there is the promo for the new series.

Down below is the first ten minutes of the first episode of the original version, starring Jeremy Piven and Paula Marshall.



Of course, like so many other TV shows I've enjoyed, the original was killed after a short amount of time.

Here's to hoping that ABC will wake up and keep Pushing Dasies around.

4 comments:

heels said...

I remember really liking Cupid the few times I actually got to see it.

otis said...

OT: The fact that the producer's name is Rob Thomas made me think of
this.

ticknart said...

Otis -- That link demonstrates why I enjoy that show so very much.

Elex said...

There are so many parallels between Arrested Development and It's Always Sunny..
Sinbad is like AD's Carl Weathers