Thursday, April 9, 2009

Passion of the Bloody Jesi

Jesi is plural for Jesus (sounds better than Jesuses) as in "hey, check out the fake beards on those bloody Jesi over there!"

Yes, it's time again for us to provide entertainment for people just before they embark on a "passion play" journey, which some people choose to bring their small children to. Remember, when it comes to Christ it's never too early to scar your child for life!

Back to the Jesi, my secret favorite part of the whole thing is watching all the Jesi gather before the thing starts to talk about the script...I find it hilarious!! Especially the ones who are covered in fake blood, there's 3 or 4 of those. And every year, I think...wouldn't this qualify as blasphemy?

Also every year I kind of think that we might be hypocrites for juggling at this, but then they cut us a check and I stop thinking that.

No comments: