Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rinku & Dinesh

A little while ago two Indian nationals won a pitching competition the Million Dollar Arm. I don't know the specifics of the contest but the ultimate prize was a minor league contract with The Pittsburgh Pirates (which is a good news/bad news sort of prize).

Anyway both are from rural backgrounds and know little of America or baseball. They train at USC and keep a blog of their experiences.

It's freaking awesome. An excerpt:

One very, very bad thing about the news is that they say I on the BABEWATCH. This not true. i not watching girls. i only pitching, training, eat, watch baseball/Movies and sleep. American women very dangerous and very crazy. I like only Indian woman. Dinesh and JB, Sir have been harrassing me about this BABEWATCH. I do not like the BABEWATCH.

I also learn how to play darts from Neil, sir. First time, I thinking I throw darts too hard and they no sticking. Neil, sir also claim to be real person they make Snakes in a Plane movie about. Dinesh and I not believe him anymore. He is a tricky one.


I think my favorite part is their movie reviews.

3 comments:

heels said...

At least the Pirates have a VERY loyal and VERY enthusiastic local following. The stadium is nice, too. They could do worse. Of course, I guess that also means they have to live in Pittsburgh, so that's not so great.

otis said...

Yeah, the stadium and fanbase would go in the good news, city in the bad news. The organization itself is probably no longer the most hopeless in baseball (thank you, Houston Astros!) though it's still in the top five.

Elex said...

BABEWATCH