Thursday, October 30, 2008

If I Didn't Have You


Lyrics
...
(If I didn't have you)
(Someone else would surely do)

Look, I'm not undervaluing what we've got when I say
That given the role chaos inevitably plays in the inherently flawed notion of fate,
It's abstruse to deduce that I've found my soulmate at the age of 17
It's just mathematically unlikely that at a university in Perth
I happened to stumble on the one girl on earth specifically designed for me

And if I may conjecture a further objection love is nothing to do with destined perfection
The connection is strengthened the affection simply grows over time
Like a flower
Or a mushroom
Or a guinea pig
Or a vine
Or a sponge
Or bigotry

... or a banana (banana)

And love is made more powerful by the ongoing drama of shared experience and synergy
And symbiotic empathy or something like that...

So I trust it would go without saying
That I would feel really very sad if tomorrow you were to fall off something high
Or catch something bad

But I'm just saying
I don't think you're special
I mean... I think your special
But
You fall within a bell curve

I mean, I'm just saying I
(Think that I would)
Probably
(Have somebody else)
...

3 comments:

Johnny Logic said...

Baby...my love for you has grown and grown over the years...like a banana. A giant love banana.

Elex said...

I think that's the Amnesty International logo on the floor. I could be wrong, but they might be godless heathens.

heels said...

Have I ever told you how much I hate it when musical performers don't wear shoes? Well I hate it.